Tuesday, March 16

Baby's Room!!!!

Now that Adelyn is in her new bedroom, we were so excited to get working on the baby's room. To be honest I was stressing about this BIG TIME! When we were pregnant with Adelyn we had the room set up and ready to go by the 4th month of pregnancy (at least)... so being 8 months pregnant and not having anything in this room accomplished REALLY freaked me out. I am so happy to say that this room turned out exactly the way I wanted it too. I could not be happier to be bringing my baby home to this wonderful space!


Here was the room the day we moved in. The previous owner used this as a dinning room (hence the old school chandelier).


I actually kinda liked it, and would have loved to refinish or paint it, but that would have only worked if our baby is a girl (which we have no idea about!)... so we played it safe and decided to change out the light.
AND for the record, like I just said... we don't know if this baby is a boy or girl. Everyone thinks that because the walls are a blue-ish/turquoise color, it means we are having a boy. We may or may not be.... you know as much as we do. :o)


If this baby is a girl, we will be adding some soft pink accents around the room. It will look so fantastic with the turquoise walls!!!


Change table.


Comfy chair. We actually had a different chair that we were going to use, but the slip cover got wrecked in the laundry (boo!)... so this chair was plan B. It's not totally my ideal nursery chair (as far as looks go), but it is really comfy and any breastfeeding mom knows that is really your #1 concern for a chair!


These are the curtains I made for the room. I really wasn't sure at first, but once we hung them up I was so happy with the way they turned out. They match the crib bedding (which I also made).



Here is the crib bedding. I finished this project way back in November and was so happy to finally see it set up in the crib!! I love it.



We will be putting to black and white photos of the baby in the frames above the crib, and the baby's name will go into the frame on the white shelf.


Lamp, monitor and clock.


New light up close.




We will also be putting a picture of the baby in this frame.


The baby's name will go into this frame. 1 letter per section. This is my favorite part of the entire room!


Box shelves. The baby's first initial will go into the middle box.

New door knobs. We are slowly replacing all the door knobs in the house (as each room gets painted). They were old, gold ones... but these one's make the house look so much more modern.

So that is the baby's room! Let me know what you think... I would love to hear comments on this one!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment